The Boxtrolls (2014) | Behind the Scenes
via Animation Magazine:
- 30 to 300; the range of crew at work between the beginning of shooting and the height of production
- 1,300 shots required vfx touches, which were accomplished by 50 artists
- 20,000+ props were handmade for the film; the smallest prop is a tiny sewing needle with thread
- 55,000 facial expression pieces were 3-D printed, with the potential for approximately 1 million combinations
- 125,280 individual character poses are needed to create the 87-minute film
i think i can accurately say that i can crush a man’s head with my thighs
wear your armor
whether it’s makeup, a band tshirt, your fandom pins, tattoos, jewelry, your favorite ripped pair of jeans, or something no one else can touch or see like your favorite song repeating like a mantra in your head, the sound of your own heartbeat, or the knowledge that you were brave enough to get out of bed today when everything else inside you said “no”
wear your armor and kick ass
Evening Post: August 12, 1899.
"She immediately alighted, caught hold of the astonished youth, and gave him a sound thrashing, using her fists in a scientific fashion…”
I would love to know what this means.
I think that might be code for “punched him in the balls with devastating accuracy”.
Boxing is known as “the sweet science” — in the 19th century, to say that a person used their fists in a scientific fashion was generally meant to indicate that they had a knowledge of proper boxing technique.
they took the time to illustrate the story.
This is what working with children is like.
"now you have a flower shop"
L’Illusionniste / The Illusionist
Film d’animation / Animation feature film
Sylvain Chomet (2010)
Written by Sylvain Chomet and Jacques Tati
Jacques Tati originally wrote the script for The Illusionist. It was a love letter from a father to his first daughter, but never got produced. Sylvain Chomet, director of The Triplets of Belleville / Les Triplettes de Belleville, adapted the script and once again used his own original animated style.